Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Procrastination

In May I planted the first Out of the Fire garden. I planted over 500
plants with plans of documenting the entire process. I was (operative
word WAS) planning on photographing the progress, posting
observations on the blog, etc. So, here we are in October and this is
my first post about the garden. The garden was wildly fruitful and
successful and so was my gift for procrastination. I don't know why I
do this to myself. AND to make matters worse, I use it as an excuse
to beat myself up. I can't think of a more caustic combination:
procrastination and relentless mental floggings! To top it off I
visited a childhood friend who I haven't seen for 25 years who
happens to be doing a fabulous job with her blog: The Dinner Dilemma
by Caroline Fitzgibbons. When she began this blog it infused me with
enthusiasm to post regularly on the Out of the Fire blog. Well, we
all know where that ended! I visited Caroline in September, she
commented on my website and mentioned she accessed my blog and called
me a slacker for not contributing regular posts: GUILTY and feel bad
about it! So, this is another attempt on my behalf to beat away the
flubber of procrastination. Thank you for your inspiration, Caroline!


No comments: