Saturday, May 12, 2012

Snarky Puppy on the House

No sooner do I finish Dancing For The Dogs and a Snarky Puppy up and bites me. Just a nip mind you, but enough to get my attention especially when I learn that several group members studied at the University of North Texas, my alma mater and also the first music college in the U.S. to offer a degree in jazz back in the 40's. These are musicians of the first order. Don't just take my word for it, take five minutes and watch and listen to Thing of Gold at http://bandframe.com/snarkypuppy/ and then book your tickets. Details below:



Dine and Shine at Out of The Fire on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday nights (May 15, 16, or 17) and then enjoy one of the most sophisticated and talented bands on the scene…Call for reservations (410-770-4777), mention Snarky Puppy, and receive your exclusive guest passes to the show at the Avalon on Friday, May 18th.

The Buzz About the Band…

“ Frankly, Snarky Puppy is about as close to an "unclassifiable" sound as I've encountered... Snarky Puppy had me bouncing my head and grooving in my seat for two straight hours...” — Patrick Frazier, Chicago Jam Scene

...an exultant throwdown of smart danceability. - The Village Voice villagevoice.com

No comments: