Friday, January 13, 2012

Dancing for the Dogs


So, I could say that this is another fine mess I have gotten myself into, but I have to forget about myself and the potential for me to make a total *&# out of myself and focus on the favorable impact this event will have on the Talbot, Dorchester and Caroline County Humane Societies. I have committed to participate as a dancer for the fundraiser Dancing for the Dogs. When I tell people what I will be doing they say "you are dancing WITH a dog?" My response is: "NO, I am dancing FOR the dogs!" My dance instructor, Diego may respond: "Yes, I am dancing with a dog!" I wouldn't blame him! I have no ballroom dance experience and we have until March 10 (the date of the event) to practice. He is working with a total novice and he is completely comfortable, patient and confident. I assure Diego that what I lack in experience I will make up for enthusiasm!
I am asking everyone who has a soft spot in their hearts for animals and a soft spot in their hearts for the precarious position in which I have placed myself, to make a donation within your means to support the cause. You can go to the website www.dancingforthedogs.com and click on my picture to donate. I have to admit that I am a bit competitive and I would like to be the one who raises the most money for the shelters so PLEASE help me. The event is SOLD OUT, but donations are still being humbly accepted. Thank you for taking time to read this plea for help on behalf of the quadrupeds who bring so much joy to our lives and deserve our stewardship.

1 comment:

tarundlejr said...

Little did you know that you would blow the roof off of the Tidewater Inn with your explosive performance. Congratulations to our 2012 Grand Champion Amy Haines.